Friday, April 6, 2012

Amazon

I just recently read an article on Amazon. The article was about the success that Amazon has been having.  For the first 3 months of the year they posted $13.18 billion in revenue and the stock is up 13%. Also the article states they will become the fastest retailer to cross $50 billion in sales for the year. They have also added 10,000 employees in the last 3 months. This is kind of a shock to me. Amazon competes with so many companies on a daily basis such as Apple and Google, that I never thought it would be doing this good. Actually, I would have never guessed they would be doing as well if not better than there rivals, Apple and Google. Amazon's technology such as, the Kindle, take a back seat to Apples Ipad and so on. As well as their website is not as popular as Google. This article was shocking to me an opened my eyes that Apple and Google aren't the only companies out there with product such as the Ipad.
When you think about Amazon as a company, would you put them in the same sentence, category, as an Apple or Google? Do you think they could ever be as popular, why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment